Thursday, November 12, 2009

2009 ISCA Convention

Last week I participated in the International Society of Caricature Artists convention. It was held in Sandusky, Ohio at the Kalahari Resort. Here are my caricatures I created. I was number 149. For a change I did most of my work in watercolor. I also made a shadow box caricature for the 3D category. Watching all the other artist at the convention working hard makes me want to do my best. I was happy with the direction of my work and see room for improvement.

My wall.

I am on the left standing with UK artist Paul Moyes.
A few people mistook me for Paul.


Experimenting with a overlapping watercolor image.



My 3D shadow box caricature of Lar Desouza.



4 comments:

ian said...

These are all FANTASTIC Brian! Wow, love the Shadow Box one, the GIANT nose guy and the last one.

Garry Jones said...

D'oh! Now I'm known as the GIANT nose guy.lol.Great work,Brian.

Elgin Subwaysurfer Bolling said...

Man, I dont know what's creepier, your work, or some to the members of the ISCA! LOL!!!! Great work Brian! You DO have that experimental , pushing the envelope , never satisfied, spirit, and It shows up in your work! Boldly going where no artist has gone before. Love what you did with Alison, by the way! Since I know how animated she is personally , there's no better way to have drawn her to capture that.

Brian said...

Thanks guys.